Aim of the research group is to conceptualize, start and implement research activities to support strenghtening the education methodology culture at METU, with special regards to the implementation of myBRAND, as well as the dissemination of the international projects. The research group treats the fields or R&D&I as a coherent unit.
Leader of the research team:
Dr. habil Vilmos Vass PhD
Vilmos VASS is habilitated Professor of Education Science and a teacher of Hungarian language and literature, history and pedagogy. He has been teaching in schools and universities for 39 years. His professional area basically is curriculum theory, interdisciplinary curriculum development and analysis of curricular paradigms. His research on some fields of education science, such as pedagogy of competency development, especially study on conceptual evolution of competence and comparative analysis on competency-based curriculum planning. In the last decade, his research on the relationship between talented education and creativity and analysis on development and process of creative thinking. Now, the centre of his interests is the learning- and learner-centred paradigm, such as comparative analysis of competency-based curricual approches and creative knowledge transfer. He is the author or co-author of nearly 200 Hungarian and English language publications. He is a board member of several national and international associations. He is member of the Editorial Board of some national and international journals. He is a lecturer at some national and international conferences and workshops, he is a researcher and expert at nearly 20 international projects.
Vice-Rector for Innovation,
István Vilmos Kovács
Director of Educational Methodology
Prof. Dr. Zsolt Lavicza,
Johannes Kepler University
English language publications
- Vass, Vilmos – Kiss, Ferenc: Coherence Between Online Learning and Project-Based Courses in Higher Education. Learning Ideas Conference, New York,
- Pancsa Emese - Kiss Ferenc: Sustainability education based on value propositions –research on generation-specific sensitization methods for ecosystem design. In: Annales Tomus XIII, 2020, pp.156-164
- Pancsa Emese - Kiss Ferenc: Sustainability education based on value propositions. 16th Miklós Iványi PhD & DLA Symposium, Pécs, 26-27 October, 2020. In: Iványi Péter (Iványi Péter Építő-informatika) PTE/MIK/IVI/Rendszer és Szoftvertechnológia Tanszék (szerk.) Abstract book for the 16th MIKLÓS IVÁNYI INTERNATIONAL PHD & DLA SYMPOSIUM Konferencia helye, ideje: Pécs, Magyarország 2020.10.26. - 2020.10.27. Pécs: Pollack Press, p. 34. (2020)
- Vass Vilmos – Kiss Ferenc: The Role of Competency Development in the Implementation of Portfolio-Based Education in Higher Education. In: Michael E. Auer ; Dan Centea (szerk.) Visions and Concepts for Education 4.0. ICBL 2020 : Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative and Blended Learning (ICBL2020) Hamilton, Kanada 2020.10.14. - 2020.10.16. Cham: SPRINGER INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING AG, pp 42-48 (2021) ( Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (AISC) ; 1314)
- Ferenc Kiss – Vilmos Vass: The Transformative Role of Innovation in the Higher Education – A case study. ICL2018 – The Challenges of the Digital Transformation in Education, 25-28 September 2018, Kos Island, Greece. In: Michael E. Auer, Thrasyvoulos Tsiatsos (eds.) Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL2018) - Volume 2. Springer, 2019. (ISBN 978-3-030-11934-8) p. 321-330.
- Kiss Ferenc – Vass Vilmos: The Transformative Role of Innovation in the Higher Education. In: Michael E. Auer (szerk.) ICL2018 – The Challenges of the Digital Transformation in Education. 21th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning. 47th IGIP International Conference on Engineering Pedagogy, Kos, Görögország 2018.09.25. - 2018.09.28. Villach: International Society for Engineering Pedagogy (IGIP), pp 321-330 (2018)
- Ferenc Kiss: The Education of Information and Knowledge Management of Cultural Heritage. In: Lia Bassa and Ferenc Kiss (eds.): Proceedings of TCL2016 Tourism and Cultural Landscapes Conference, 12-15 June, 2016, Budapest. Foundation for Information Society, 2016. pp.316-325. (ISBN: 978-615-80061-4-9)
- Smith, K. M. ; Vass, V. Towards Creative Transformational Leadership in Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities ZBORNIK INSTITUTA ZA PEDAGOSKA ISTRAZIVANJA 51 : 1 pp. 238-284. , 47 p. (2019)
- Vass, Vilmos The Transformation and Complexity of the Curriculum. The curriculum as a product and/or a process? ERUDITIO - EDUCATIO 13 : 3 pp. 5-12. , 8 p. (2018)
- Melanie, K Smith ; Vilmos, Vass The relationship between internationalisation, creativity and transformation: A case study of higher education in Hungary TRANSFORMATION IN HIGHER EDUCATION 2 : 1 pp. 1-9. Paper: a22 , 9 p. (2017)
- Vass, Vilmos Creativity development and creative knowledge transfer at higher education In: Chova, L.G.; Martinez, A.L.; Torres, I.C. (szerk.) INTED2017 : 11th International Technology, Education and Development 2021. okt. 5. 14:41 2017 Conference Valencia, Spanyolország : International Academy of Technology, Education and Development (IATED) (2017) 10 106 p. pp. 9842-9850. , 9 p.
Hungarian language publications
- Kiss Ferenc – Vass Vilmos: A digitalizáció és a tudásmenedzsment összefüggései az LLL 4.0 vonatkozásában. 17. Nemzeti és nemzetközi lifelong learning