Attention! Changes in our opening hours as of 16th November until further notice
Library Use Guidelines
Our Central Library is open for personal use, and requesting books from our Art Library is also possible. If you can, please use our services locally, because we are running out of digitization capacity. If you are a distance learner and unable to come to the library in person, we will do our best to provide you with digital versions of the compulsory readings for your classes. Due to our limited capacity and the time the digitization process takes, we can give no guarantees regarding any books that are not compulsory.
If you use the library in person (borrowing, reading, using computers and photocopying) you must keep our safety rules. You must cover your nose and mouth, as well as stay at a safe distance from the other users and staff of the library. There can only be a maximum of 10 people at the Library at any time, including the librarians.
For our online services, you can visit our CooSpace Scene here: https://coospace.metropolitan.hu/CooSpace/Scene-58841
For our local services, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention! Changes in our opening hours as of 16th November until further notice.
Our Central Library (Nagy Lajos campus) has the following opening hours.
o Monday - Thursday: 9:30 – 16:30;
o Friday: 12:00 - 16:30;
o Saturday: CLOSED
Our Art Library (Rózsa campus) will be closed. You can still borrow books based on prior arrangement. For further information, contact us at email@example.com. Any books you borrowed from our Art Library must be returned at our Central Library. A Book Drop Box is available at the entrance to the library outside opening hours.
For more information and access to our Chatbot: https://www.metubudapest.hu/library
• In person: you can register during opening hours
o You can request a physical library card or a digital version. Your digital library card takes the form of a barcode we send you via e-mail.
o You can also use our lending services by registering with your Student Card instead.
• It is still possible to request a library card at our CooSpace Scene. We will send you a message of confirmation which will include your card number and barcode. When you access the library in person, you can show this barcode on your phone for borrowing books.
Lending and digitizing
• In our Central Library, we primarily lend physical copies according to the usual method, in person. You can also borrow books from our Art Library based on prior arrangement. For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can authorise someone else to borrow for you. You will have to notify us in advance by email, sending us the name of the person who will borrow for you.
• Digitizing compulsory reading material – Our online available material is updated as the digitization process goes along.
• Requesting compulsory reading material – we do realise that many of you are distance learners now, particularly, that you may be stuck outside Budapest. You can request digital copies of your compulsory reading material on our CooSpace Forum. You can also just send us the course description. The list of available books is under the link below. This list is expanding as the digitization process progresses.
• Access to digital versions via our “Online available books...” Google Sheets document (check the English tab): https://coospace.metropolitan.hu/CooSpace/Scene-58841/Link-299923)
• Course Scenes also offer digital material – Some of our teachers also make reading material for courses available on their own Scenes. We don’t see these Scenes, please ask your teacher whether they made anything accessible there.
• Our Scene also includes links to several online sources (particularly in English). You can use these for your thesis and any independent research. Please, check the Online Resources section for more information.
• Any books borrowed or renewed last semester with a due date of 30th September will need to be returned by that date, if possible, because others are also waiting for the books. If you are unable to do so, please e-mail us at email@example.com
• You can also use the Book Drop box located in front of the Central Library when the library is closed. We will return your books when we next open, and send you a notification by e-mail.
• Anyone can return your books, there is no permission required.
• You can now read full-text theses at thesis.metropolitan.hu címen. You will need to log in using your usual METU username and password. Please be careful not to share your login details with anyone, and always log out after you finish reading if you use a shared computer or smart device. The person who is logged in can be held responsible for any misuse of the theses, even if a third party gained access to it.
Other You can also request assistance during opening hours at firstname.lastname@example.org