Become a METU Ambassador!
Be part of a super team and gain valuable experiences and memories!
What does it mean to be a METU ambassador?
Our ambassador program launched in 2017, and our ambassadors present their specialization and field of major to students who are about to continue their studies. They provide a deeper insight into the METU life and set an example for students facing a career choice.
Representing METU is an experience, not just a job. That is why we reward our ambassadors who collect points when they perform their duties. These points are aggregated at the end of the school year and can be exchanged for valuable gifts by our ambassadors. The more tasks someone has completed, the more points they can earn at the end of the school year.
What is the selection process?
There are three main steps to the application.
- The first step is the registration. You can do this by filling out the online form here. The registration deadline is 1 June 2022.
- Applicants will then be asked to submit a short introductory video.
- The third step will be a live interview where we get to know each other better.
We will select the most outstanding applicants for the 2022-23 ambassador team based on the submissions and the interview,.
Benefits of the ambassador program
- You can be a member of a super, inspiring international team
- You can help those about to start their studies to find their way
- You can appear in online and printed materials, including on posters, brochures or on METU's online channels
- You can participate in a series of trainings for free, which will not only help you prepare for open days and other appearances, but will also help you develop useful skills that you can use in the future
- You can try yourself in several fields and activities, which is a great opportunity to learn and gain experience, and will also look good on your CV
- We will reward your participation with valuable gifts
What are we asking from our ambassadors?
Together with other ambassadors, you will represent your field, major and METU through different exciting events and activities.
The ambassador program is for one school year. We are counting on you from the beginning of the school year in September until the beginning of the next school year (August).
- Participation in a professional photo- and video shooting
- Creating photo, video and text contents for university social media interfaces
- Participation METU admission campaign events (e.g., open days)
- Appearance in recruitment campaign videos and live sign-ups
- Short interviews and texts for the university's website and social media platforms
- Communication and posting in a closed Facebook group created for ambassadors
The most active period of the admission campaign will be from September to mid-February, so this is where we will count on your time and support the most.
Apply now - we can’t wait to meet you!
Sign up here >>
Application deadline: 1 June 2022