Graphic Design BA Bachelor's
This is for you
you are interested in the various fields of graphics, are creative, have a good visual sense and drawing skills, and are familiar with the basic computer graphics software and are interested in typography.
"DIVERSITY, International atmosphere, Creative minds, Greatness from Small beginnings"
- Kabin Park from the Republic of Korea
In the age of desktop publishing (DTP), graphic design became the most innovative branch of design, with a strong presence of its intellectual products in everyday life, both in the online and offline media.
What can you study with us?
We build on your competences so that they can be fulfilled. You will find your individual voice and style. You will become committed to innovative, aesthetic, smart graphics and typography. We will channel your creativity into a conscious flow so that you can work both independently and in a team.
Structure of the program
- The first year is about developing manual and computer skills, learning traditional procedures as well as the latest in graphic technology. You will also design illustrations, covers, artistic posters, logos pictograms, brands and packaging. We will also focus on branding and corporate identity.
- The second year will be about book and magazine design, typography tools, joint use of fonts and images.
- In the third year you will focus on interactive graphics appearing on the latest platforms of the digital age, responsive web design, mobile applications, UI and UX design.
Graphic Design: Choose this specialization to acquire hands-on knowledge on the greatest scale both on the traditional platforms of graphic design and in the area of the new media. You will be able to find your own voice on every graphic design platform through life - like tasks, which you will be able to exploit on in your design and creative work. We will prepare you to be able to communicate visually in the language of graphic design in your career.
Packaging Design: Choose this specialization if you feel it is important to dress the brands lined up on store shelves with practical and functional design objects, creative product images, unique and special packaging. Our specialization emphasizes the knowledge of innovative technologies, bio-materials, the possibility of recycling and re-use in the field of packaging culture, which is one of the most complex and most demanding areas of visual communication.
NOTE: Specializations are launched only if the sufficient number of students wish to join the specialization.
- Freelance artist as graphic designer, packaging designer, illustrator
- Art director, graphic designer in graphic studios, creative agencies
- Illustrator, image editor or DTP editor in online and print media
- Web designer, UI, UX designer
Social science and visual communication, typography, graphic design and design history, typography practice, graphic design theory and methodology practice, graphic design studies and techniques, image theories.
Further information on detailed curriculum click HERE
“The relaxed atmosphere, which greatly contributes to the skills development of students was pivotal. I chose this course because we were given colourful and creative assignments. I would recommend the course to those who are the experimenting type and consider creativity important.”
Our graduate KRISTÓF SZABÓ
“During the three years spent here I underwent a huge development. I developed a way of thinking which makes me start tackling problems with confidence, and with my peculiar approach I can also involve my style in my works.”
Our graduate BÁLINT TÓTOK
“I have always wanted to become an artist. It was not easy to decide what I want to do more - to make projects on computer, or to draw portraits, so when I heard about METU I realized that I can do all of these things there. Since the first days of my studies, I became sure on 110% that all my dreams will come true. Here is a very good atmosphere, and all of the teachers are very friendly, helpful and professional. I met with a lot of people from all over the world. Every day you getting new experience and it's awesome! It's hard to tell something bad about this university. I'm in love with METU and Budapest also!”
(Anastasia Beletskaya from Russia, Graphic Design BA)
Our Success Stories
- OMDK 2015 Marcell Puskás: Pro Arte Gold Prize;
- Orsolya Kosztándi, 1st prize;
- Barbara Zsidek: 3rd prize;
- 14. ARC poster exhibition Ádám Faniszló: special prize;
- 7th NOVI SAD INTERNATIONAL STUDENT POSTER BIENNALE Kristóf Szabó: main prize;
- A38XMET winning posers: Tiger Lillies/Mais Ahmad; sóley/Alba Jorge Cardona;
- POSTERFEST INTERNATIONAL POSTER COMPETITION Bálint Tótok:
- 2nd prize, Ádám Faniszló:
- 3rd prize; PACKAGING OF THE WORLD works of Zsófia Paszternák,
- Krisztina Németh in the selection; 1st BUDAPEST ILLUSTRATION FESTIVAL 2020, 1st Prize in non fiction category: Réka Koszó.
- ZSÓFIA PASZTERNÁK, GABRIELLA BÁCSI, NIKI GROZNICS: Prezi;
- RITA PAPP: Scolar Publishing;
- ATTILA KEREK, ARIELLA PINTÉR: Ericsson;
- ZSÓFI PUSKÁS, KÁLMÁN DULITY: Echo Tv;
- EVELIN HORVÁTH, ESZTER VARGA: MTVA, M4;
- ÁDÁM FANISZLÓ: Agave